Saturday, January 12, 2013

So it's over for the Packers, but not for the trolls

So that is not the game I hoped it would be, nor is it what I think my readers wanted to see, but something magical happened during that ugly second half.

Somewhere along about the part where things started to fall apart, time started to compress. Sure my Packer heart was breaking, but the trolls didn't care. To them the spectacle, the sport, the battle was all that mattered.

Smekk kept up the chant for her beloved Clay while the boys cheered, jeered and gesticulated for the mere love of the game.  The hubby did a fine job keeping the flag throwing to a minimum, but I have to admit we had a few more then actually happened on the field. Imagine Packer fans, watching the game with new eyes, eyes that only see the pure heart of the game.

But it is not that I post about. My little Packer heart breaking the action slowed then stopped completely. The hair on the back of my neck stood up again, and I turned to look at Leaf.

Her beautiful face was serene, graced with a beautiful smile she said, "We should talk."

I stood to head out to the back yard when she added, "they can't hear us. Time has frozen for them. This will only take a few heartbeats."

I looked at the others including my husband frozen in grimaces of anguish as the Packers started to break down. "Okay," I said.

She reached behind her back and pulled out an object covered in coarse cloth. I have to admit I was more then a little apprehensive as she continued.

"Mama picked this out for you. It's one of my favorites. I think you will like it."

I took the package from her and unwrapped a wonderful pottery vase. "Where did this come from," I asked visions of theft from the downtown shops knocking on my integrity.

"Mama made it. I've been telling her about you. She says you may be the one."

"The one who what?"

Her countenance changed as she said, "You'll see."

Suddenly the roar of my fellow football fans broke the silence. Leaf again melted to the back of the garage her stunning blue eyes watching my every move as the Packers finish their season in defeat at San Francisco.

This is what I know for sure. Football will be back next season, my love for the Packers is as strong as ever and there is a whole lot more to learn about my little friends.

Next week is another round of games, I'm in aren't you?


 

No comments: