Thursday, August 1, 2013

Photography Contest

Every year my employer ... yes, I dwell under the authority of an employer just like you likely do. Anyway, my company puts out a calendar. Each year they choose a theme, not a good theme, but corporate, and well stuffy.
I think most of you would agree that I have a decent eye for photography, but that is when I'm choosing the subject. The theme of this year's calendar is: Trust.
Mull that over for a moment. How would you photograph trust? Have an idea. Okay, now add in a steely rule: no photos of pets or people. What did that do to your idea?

This is my submission.
 
 
As part of the entry, I must include a blurb:
 
Just like our customers, this mourning dove trusts me to provide nutritious food so it can stay in peak physical condition.
 
I won't win. I never have. My photos are not taken on my exotic vacation to a location the judges could never afford. I don't mean to sound snippy. In fact, I accept losing as a challenge. Just how good can I get without making it in?  

If you have followed the link to my website, you have likely seen the results of my 52-week photography challenge. I'm nearly two-thirds of the way through. I have learned a lot, and as I look through the list, I see growth in both my composition and technical skills. I'm not doing this alone. A friend in another state has joined me, week after week. Maybe she will let me share her link. Wouldn't you like to see what she took?

Contact me at trolltails@gmail.com, or leave a comment. I'd love to hear from you.
 

No comments: