Sunday, June 2, 2013

Green, it's everywhere

Several years ago, I was lucky enough to visit Ireland in May. Anyone interested in the emerald isle has heard the boast about the 40 shades of green. I remember thinking that twaddle, but I also remember clearly seeing all 40 shades for myself. It was stunning, and I'll never forget it.
This is not my photo, but it is very much like I remember Ireland.

South Central Wisconsin had a horrible winter. It was long, bitterly cold, and refused to let us go. Even today, on the second of June, I was wearing a sweatshirt as I walked along the river. That is NOT normal, but I didn't care, I had my camera.
Having been so cold, many wildflowers are waiting to pop, but some have magically appeared from the cold wet soil.
 
 
 
 
But flowers are fleeting. The explode on the scene and steal all the attention, but the leaves endure.
 
 
 
 
So stop to smell the roses, but spare a heartbeat for the trees, bushes, and grasses. They will remain all season long.
 
Get the point?


 

No comments: