Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Impressive


I have a lot of experience choosing campsites from nothing more than a list on an impersonal website, and I'm pretty good at it, but I panned a giant gem at Glacier National Park. 

After three longs days of travel, we finally pulled into the western side of the pristine Glacier National Park. Being the organized sort, I had all our reservations in a single folder, in order, and highlighted for quick review. When we reached the ranger shack at the entrance to our campground, a ginger-headed ranger said, "do you know your site number?" I chirped the number out and he paused, and said "Impressive" with a twinkle in his eye. I looked at my husband and asked, "was he impressed by my organization?" I really didn't know, but I was about to find out.

One of the largest sites I have ever seen, fabulous shade and the view. Well, you can see what had us stunned as our very private view of a glacial lake with the craggy backbone of the park in the distance is at the top of this post. Impressive.



All of these shots were taken within our site, and to prove it, here are my traveling companions, chilling by the fire. I'm not kidding all this space was ours, and frankly, as I look at this, it is not all represented. 



Later, I had a chance to speak to that same ginger-headed ranger. He confirmed that he was commenting on the site. He called it the most impressive campsite in Glacier. Who am I to argue with a ranger?

If you are interested in learning the site number, contact me directly. Maybe you can camp at Impressive, too.



No comments: