Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Life is About Finding Memories

Where does the time go? I have left you hanging, but I'm back and set to show the rest of the photos from Natural Bridge.
This is the grand entrance, a broken bridge itself, that protects the incredible structure within. You can be just a few steps from the arch and have no idea it is there.
See the same pillar of rock on the right in the two photos. Right there, it's the cave that was one occupied by paleo-indians. I felt a hush fall as if I had entered a cathedral.
And there, that shelf of rock at the bottom of this photo is the roof of the cave you can see in the photo above.
 It feels like a window upon the canopy of the hardwood forest.
Other trees cling to life on the edge. This is the top of the arch.
Panning further left, this is the other side of the structure.
I spent a long time studying the layers of sandstone this time. What creatures use this furrows to live, traverse, and play? My mind takes me places
Elements like this tiny leg that hold the side of the cave up, will not last forever. I feel honored to have bore witness. 
One last thing, I don't know what this little rock building along the road is, but it makes a wonderful element for photography. If anyone knows what it is, please let me know.

This concludes this series on Natural Bridge in Wisconsin. I have stocked away crazy ideas for use in my next book.
 



 

No comments: