Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Press Release Party ... Troll Style


As soon as I got my hands on a copy of The Stoughton Press, I ran to the river. Oton had been showing up on my lawn lately waiting for a report. Thank god, he looks like a lawn troll—well, in the dark, if you’re not looking too closely. Anyway, I passed out copies to several Elvsmyrians and started to read the article. What? You thought they could read English; now who’s crazy?

They listened attentively right up until I got to the part about tusks and cyclopic eyes.

“What are you talking about? I’ve never seen a troll with tusks.” Uredd shoved his way past two younger trolls playing in the dirt.

“I was just quoting what I found online.” Now I had done it. How was I going to explain the internet to trolls? Yikes. I shouldn’t have worried; Uredd was on a roll.

“You tell those humans that we are not fearsome, never brutish, and often quite attractive, Just look at me.” He cocked his head and swished his long tail.

“Okay, but you have to realize there have been thousands of years of bad press on your kind. This is going to take some time.”

Uredd calmed down and I continued. I had them grabbing their sides and dancing little jigs. It was a lot of fun and I have a lot more to tell. So, check back later to learn how wild a troll party can get.

No comments: