Sunday, June 29, 2014

So Much More Than Flowers



Back on that Saturday hike through the forest, I found a whole lot more than flowers. There's a saying that most people know. "Can't see the forest for the trees", but I think I suffer from the opposite affliction. I can't see the trees for the forest. My eyes are constantly scanning the forest for little pops of color or form. 

From grapevines taking up a strangling position to fuzzy little seeds, it all grabs my attention. 
Even flies look better sitting on a bright green leaf in the under story of my favorite forest.
 Does anybody else remember popping these little seed pods as a kid, or was I just strange?



 This ecosystem is remarkable. After the winter we have just endured, the forest has risen from its slumber and burst into an all too brief explosion of life.  


No comments: